How to measure your foot
- Place a piece of paper on the floor.
- Stand on the paper, wear a sock of thickness that you would normally wear.
- Mark each end of your foot – Tip of longest toe & back of heel.
- Measure the distance (#1) & use the sizing chart.
Tip: Always use the largest measurement, if you are between sizes or one foot is larger than the other move up to the next size increment.
Custom Made Deerskin, Deertan or Cowhide Leather Moccasins from Footwear by Footskins
Do you have different size feet and need split sizing for your boots?
Do you have a difficult time finding comfortable footwear?
Consider custom made deerskin, deertan or cowhide footwear. All feet are not the same. In addition to our regular stocked sizes, we offer the option of moccasin boot footwear custom made for your hard-to-fit or problem feet. We can custom fit virtually any size/shape feet.
Please follow these simple steps for both feet:
(Note: Do tracings and measurements with the type of sock you are planning to wear or without socks if you intend to wear them barefoot.)
Step One –
- While sitting, trace both feet on paper.
- Be sure to hold the pen completely vertical.
- Do not make allowances.
- (If you feel that your measurements change significantly while standing, then please trace both while sitting and standing.)
Step Two –
- Using a cloth tape, measure the circumference around the ball of the foot (just comfortable, don’t pull too tight). The ball of the foot is the widest part of the foot, just behind the toes (#4).
- Mark the measurement on your tracing at the point of the measurement.
Step Three –
- Take a second measurement of the circumference of your foot 1 1/2 inches behind the first measurement (toward your ankle)(#5).
Step Four –
- Include any additional information that could affect the fit of shoes. This could include: sensitive areas such as corns, bunions, etc.; a deeper toe box (#3); calf measurements for kneeboots (#8), including height from floor (#9). If you have a high instep, measure from the floor up over the instep to the floor on the other side (#5).
Pricing for Custom Footwear:
- Custom made footwear is individually priced after receiving your foot tracings. The custom charge is usually $50 – $75 in addition to the cost of the style you select.
- It usually takes approximately 6 – 8 weeks to complete custom orders. Following completion, shipping transit times vary with destination.
- NOTE: In the fall the wait for custom footwear orders is longer than usual, due to the Holiday season till the end of the year.
Please make sure all measurements are clearly marked on your tracings. Be sure to include a daytime phone number.
Tracings may be emailed in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org, please also measure and note the length and width of each foot tracing on the paper. Please contact us if you have any questions.